S.T.E.A.M. AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE
About the camp
This August 2020, Expanding Boundaries International (EBI) and The Afro-Colombian Centre will be hosting 30 students from Ghana, Colombia and USA for them to participate in a S.T.E.A.M. Exchange Camp in Baltimore City. Students from Ghana and Colombia will travel to the United States to collaborate with students from Baltimore. The objective is for students to learn and cooperate to complete a S.T.E.A.M. project while engaging in cultural awareness through field trips and cultural dialogue. Our goal is to inspire a passion for science and technology through cross-cultural collaboration. This summer camp will help students to improve their skills in S.T.E.A.M.subject areas by assisting them with the following:
- Engaging in hands-on learning and experimentation
- Exposing students to real-world S.T.E.A.M. and its application to different fields
- Enabling students to participate in team building exercises
- Exposing students to practicing professionals in S.T.E.A.M. fields
- Gaining knowledge and understanding about careers in S.T.E.A.M. fields and the possible benefits to their communities and country
- Challenging students to be forward and innovative thinkers no matter their age
- Opening their eyes to their environment and how they can capitalize on resources around them
WHY SUMMER S.T.E.A.M. EXCHANGE CAMP?
EBI and Afro-Colombian Center are committed to the belief that, regardless of ethnic and financial background, all young adults should benefit from international educational experiences and cultural exchange. We are certain that this summer camp will help students to expand their boundaries through educational means. In addition, the students from Colombia and Ghana will understand the need to adapt an interest in S.T.E.A.M. while planning for their future career.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Running a successful program is very demanding, and we need help with planning and implementation. To ensure a successful program for our students and teachers, we are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Grant writing
- Digital marketing
- Web/graphic design
There are a lot of costs involved too. Through financial support we will be able to ensure the best experience for our students and teachers. If you would like to support us financially, please access the link below: